Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Comics People

I recommend that everyone watch Comedians of Comedy(Movie). Brian Posehn & Patton Oswalt have a moment over comics. This is a film about the concert tour with Oswalt, Posehn, Zach Galifianakis, Maria Bamford. No matter if this is your sort of comedy or not, this movie is worth watching for the brief segment where Posehn and Oswalt seek out a comic shop because it's Wednesday.

There is a neat little follow up where they talk about how weird it is to talk about the comics they get because of how sort of personal it is. That there is almost a sense of shame about being nearly 40 and being into comics (almost).

Over all, Brian Posehn is the star of this for me. Early on in the film they briefly show his office. It's filled with comic boxes and Simpsons figures, and I think Buffy dvd sets, etc. It is very similar to what I would have in my office if I had an office I could do that with.

The good news about this... Is that it is available to watch instantly on Netflix!

3 comments:

John said...

I haven't watched all of Comedians of Comedy, but I did catch the scene where they stop in at Newbury Comics. Great stuff!

If you're a Brian Posehn fan, you should check out The Last Christmas, a comic he wrote with Gerry Duggan and Rick Remender.

Talkin Bout Comics said...

I learn something everytime you reply! (no pressure)
I will definitely need to check that out.

Backyard Design Arden-Arcade said...

Greaat share