Wednesday, September 15, 2010

SPX 2010 aftermath - where my money went.

Here is a list of what we picked up at #SPX Small Press Expo this year. My 11 year old daughter Tyler and I have both started our reading, and will have more in depth thoughts on everything, but for right now, this is it:

Tyler's Purchases:
  • Red Moon (and Red Moon "The Rising") - David McAdoo
  • Louis: Night Salad (hardback) - Metaphrog
  • Sugary Serials - free comic - Jerzy Drozd / Mark Rudolph
  • Owly - Tiny Tales, Flying Lassons, Just a Little Blue - Andy Runton *
  • *Tyler was a bit disappointed that Andy wasn't able to make the show, but the deals were really good. For 30 bucks she got all 3 books and an Owly Plushy. a copy of the first Johnny Boo by James Kochalka was given to her for free also)She went away happy anyway.
  • The Baby-Sitters Club 4: Claudia and Mean Janine - Raina Telgemeier
  • Winters in Lavelle - Kasey Van Hise
  • Mermin (Issues 1,2,3) - Joey Weiser
  • Sudden Valley - Get a Job - Jamie Baldwin
  • In addition to this she picked up a good number of buttons, singles and sets. Button hunting was another thing she enjoyed. She also loved putting them on her bag she was carrying
  • Red Moon T-Shirt
  • SPX T-Shirt for volunteering
Rob's Haul

So that's our list. I will post something about everything when I had time to read everything. If you have a specific take or opinion on any of these, let me know. Having written this all out, I notice some really glaring omissions. There were a number of people I wanted to buy from, and just didn't get back to them, or ran out of movey before I could get to them. I will try to make that up at some point.

1 comment:

Red Moon said...

Thank you Tyler and Rob! We'll be looking forward to your review of Red Moon! :)